Friday, October 28, 2011

Re: how to make 'h,j,k,l' faster ?

On 10/28/2011 02:43 PM, George V. Reilly wrote:
>
> You know what'd really make a difference for relative line numbering?
> If the current line's number was its absolute line number, instead of
> "0". Yes, I can see the absolute line number down in the ruler, but
> that's often far removed from the current line and I have to move my
> eyes down to the ruler, then back to the current line. "0" conveys
> little information. The absolute line number is more useful. It should
> be in a highlighted color to make it blatantly clear that it's
> different.


I have to disagree, at least for me, absolute line number is not
something I need that often. Absolute line number would need an
extra column or two. I have relative line numbers column set to
3 - 2 digits and one column of padding (which looks like it's not
possible to remove?)

-ak

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: