Sunday, October 30, 2011

How to edit partly folded text without it going Sproing! ?

Folding in Vim is a paragon amongst marvels. Not even bottled beer
competes. But I'm having a bit of bother holding my mouth right.

With foldmethod=marker, and lots of closed folds lower on the screen, I
make a new fold by appending {{{, and }}}, as appropriate. Whether I
place the {{{ or }}} first, Vim unfolds all the following closed folds.

Is there something I could (do | stop doing) to make that behaviour go
away?

Just doing zm isn't enough, because of nested folds.

Erik

--
My grandmother currently runs ubuntu. This was not my doing, but she managed
to wipe her windows and install it accidentally when someone handed her the
live CD to deal with a windows problem she was having. The computer asked
her to do things. So she did. - Seen on luv-main, in slightly longer form.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: