Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Re: Tracing Vim into a log file.

Hi
I had this strange behavior again this afternoon,
so I was editing a file, that was being modified by a java process who was writing in it.
And I don't know what happens (maybe a mousse scroll or something like that) and the whole part before the line is erased and I got : g`" instead.
 
I have been able to take a picture with my phone (they are so paranoid in my firm that I avoided to make a screenshot sent by email)  it can be seen here:
 
I tried :redraw, CTrl-L nothing to do.
The strange thing is that the file is not written, cause when I close it vim doesn't ask me if I want to save, and re-opening bring it back to me.
 
Any ideas ?
 
Eddine.



2011/10/20 Eddine <bmokadem@googlemail.com>
Hello
 
Yet another question, I have a strange behavior in my Vim at work.
I often edit logs from process still working and still writing the log I'm reading in VIm (I have set autoread so it reloads)
and I often have a behavior where my file is like folded ;
All the part from the line 1 to current position of cursor disapears  and let this charcter g`
 
let says I Have
 
line1
line2
line3
line4
line5
line6  X <--- position of the cursor
line7
line8
line9
line10
etc...
 
I then have
 
 
g`line6 X
line7
line8
line9
line10
etc...
 
 
Entering command :0
bring me back my whole file.
 
I really don't know what happens.
Is there a way I can trace Vim into a log to know what happens?
 
 
Thank you for your attention.
 
Eddine.
 
 
 

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: