Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Re: Autocmds

On Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 at 15:28:47 BST, Ben Fritz wrote:
>> But FileType autocmds get executed at every display of the buffer, not just when loading the file.
>
>This didn't sound right, but I did an experiment, and by default it is quite true. In my setup, actually, it is also true.
>
>But if you set the 'hidden' option, it is no longer true. FileType only fires when actually reading the file with 'hidden' set, for me at least.

Aha, I didn't think about hidden! Good catch. I see the same behaviour when I set it, too, which solves my problem -- thanks!

>I don't have 'hidden' set because I am forgetful and don't like risking that I might do a bunch of work, go to compile, and realize I forgot to save a header file or something.

Is there something about setting hidden that stops vim warning when you try to exit without "!" (eg. :qa)?

--

.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: