Monday, August 27, 2012

Re: vim: how to substitute ^H into an delete action

On Monday, August 27, 2012 3:38:00 PM UTC-5, ping wrote:
> I found :@" seems to have the same (similar) issue? or not, not sure...
>
> but I copied Ben's line into a register and tried :@", it doesn't work,
>
> looks I have to literally input them under Ex...
>

Yeah...I suppose I should have mentioned that.

I don't know of a way (aside from sending a .txt file attachment) to send actual literal CTRL-H characters, so I just typed ^ and then H. Which obviously does something very different than a real ^H character.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: