Sunday, August 26, 2012

Re: Building Vim for Windows (like "Vim Without Cream")

On 08/25/2012 12:48 PM, skeept wrote:
> Hi, I have been building vim successfully either vim visual
> studio or cygwin but including only perl and python, not ruby.

Thanks for these hints. It's very helpful to have some sample
invocations.

I tried the two modifications to Make_cyg.mak, and several files
compiled, but the build halted because of a missing definition
for _MAX_PATH. I set it to 256 (as done in Make_cyg.mak when
USEDLL=yes), but the build halted again when it found
conflicting types for gettimeofday. As Steve Hall has offered
to post his build scripts for "Vim Without Cream", I think I'll
wait to see how that fares before debugging further.

> I guess maybe the file Make_cyg.mak should be modified in the
distribution so
> that people can use that directly.

It does seem like the distributed Make_cyg.mak file has fallen
behind the times a bit.

Thanks,
Michael Henry

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: