Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Re: Oracle 11g SQL + PL/SQL + SQL*Plus + RDBMS syntax support

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:32:37 PM UTC+1, David Fishburn wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM, William Robertson wrote:
>
> ...
>
> > In my setup I have an edited sql.vim and plsql.vim

Apologies again, I meant sqloracle.vim and not sql.vim. The issues I had with autocompletion were a couple of months back and I forget the details - I'll recheck and post in a separate thread if needed so as not to hijack Szilard's, but yes I use $HOME\vimfiles (or $HOME/.vim on Mac).

> > I also simplified the highlighting so there is only one kind of "keyword", to remove the jumble you get where SELECT and AND etc all come out different colours (pink and green or whatever the default is). Also I have a colours file that's a bit more muted and 21st century IMHO than the supplied set.
>
> Typically, "SELECT" is a "sqlStatement" and an "AND" is a
> "sqlOperator". A sqlStatement begins a statement, and operators are
> AND, OR, BETWEEN, ...
>
> You can see the linkage in your syntax/sqloracle.vim file here:
>
> HiLink sqlOperator Operator
> HiLink sqlStatement Statement
>
> There is no reason why you can't change your colour file to indicate
> both of those should be highlighted the same colour.
>

That would certainly work, and I have done something similar for numeric and string literals (using "hi link Number String"). However I want my colour scheme to work across all languages including those - if they exist - where there is a useful highlighting distinction to be made between operators and other keywords.

Anyway this forum is a great find and I'll certainly be back with more questions.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: