Monday, August 27, 2012

Re: Oracle 11g SQL + PL/SQL + SQL*Plus + RDBMS syntax support

On Monday, August 27, 2012 10:35:19 AM UTC+1, William Robertson wrote:
> On Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:06:26 PM UTC+1, Szilard Barany wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the current vim releases the Oracle RDBMS SQL syntax support is from 2005 and PLS/SQL support is from 2002; kind of outdated.
> > I have developed a syntax highlight file that supports the most recent Oracle RDBMS version, 11g R2. This includes SQL, PL/SQL (including Oracle supplied packages), SQL*Plus and RDBMS (init parameters, dynamic performance views, etc.).
> > I used this syntax highlight support for 4+ years, and it seems to me OK by now. It might not be perfect, but I hope that other people who use vim for Oracle script/file editing can help me improve it.
> > I would like to submit it to vim hoping that it will be included in the next releases. I would like to find out what to do now; how to submit it to the code base, etc.

Now I check, I have updates for
sql.vim (maintainer David Fishburn <fishburn at ianywhere dot com>)
sqloracle.vim (maintainer Paul Moore <pf_moore AT yahoo.co.uk>)
plsql.vim (maintainer Jeff Lanzarotta <jefflanzarotta at yahoo dot com>)

I refactored mine so that for example sqloracle.vim and plsql.vim only contain SQL and PL/SQL keywords respectively (plsql.vim sources sqloracle.vim) instead of both containing everything.



--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: