Sunday, September 30, 2012

colorschemer release upload failure

I am trying to upload the first release of what I call colorschemer
http://www.vim.org/scripts/add_script_version.php?script_id=4240
Right now there is an empty, placeholder colorschemer.zip
file at www.vim.org.

This is based on my Forms library and lets one toggle through
color schemes and file-types. See images at:

https://github.com/megaannum/colorschemer/tree/master/images

It also has a collection of some 687 third-party color schemes
I scrapped off of vim.org (as well as what I call 'distilled'
versions of those color schemes).

The problem I am having is that every time I attempt to do an upload
I get the following error message:

colorschemer.zip is empty, are you sure you specified the correct path?


Now, the colorschemer.zip file is a rather big file: 3.5M.
Would that prevent me from uploading it?

Bram has told me earlier today:
Maximum file size is 10 Mbyte. But perhaps there is another limit
along
the way. And perhaps there really is something wrong with the file
name? Check upper/lower case differences.

My current thinking is that my home upload connection speed is to too
slow, so the Vim server times-out and truncates my file to zero length.
If I do not receive a solution soon I will break the utility into
three or four parts, create separate "scripts" for each and upload
the pieces. Users will be forced to perform
multiple downloads to get the utility and its associated data files.

Does anyone have any suggestions which will help me figure
out what is wrong? Thanks.


Richard

--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: