Friday, September 28, 2012

Re: vim cannot indent awk correctly

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:53:18 PM UTC-5, Peng Yu wrote:
> On Sep 27, 11:47 am, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Your Vim version looks pretty recent. I'm going to assume the standard runtime plugins are also recent.
> >
> > Do you have any awk filetype plugins which you've manually installed?
> >

You did not answer this directly, but I did not notice any in your list of files under ~/.vim.

> > How did you achieve the indent you show (i.e. what commands did you execute to achieve that indent)? What are your indent options set to? These are:
> >
> > 'autoindent'
> > 'smartindent'
> > 'cindent'
> > 'indentexpr'
> >

This was a very important question, which you did not answer at all. If the vim_dev thread which Ben H. linked does not help, then what are the values of your indent options when your are editing an awk file?

> > Do you have filetype-based indent turned on? I.e., do you have something like:
> >
> > filetype plugin indent on
>
> I have the above line in my .vimrc. See my .vimrc below.
>
>

Not quite. Your .vimrc has two separate lines:

filetype plugin on
filetype indent on

I'm not sure whether this works as intended; I've never seen it done that way before.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: