Thursday, September 27, 2012

Re: Using :sh

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, David Ohlemacher wrote:

> I use :sh often.  Sometimes I forget that I did so thinking I am in a
> regular shell.
>
> Is it possible to tweak the invoked shell?  I would like to change
> 'something' as a visual indicator.  :sh does seem to create a new
> shell, tcsh for me.

For me, the following environment variables get set by vim (and are not
normally present in my environment):

MYVIMRC
VIM
VIMRUNTIME

You should be able to make use of those in your tcshrc (or equivalent)
to change your prompt (for example).

--
Best,
Ben H

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: