Thursday, September 27, 2012

Re: Using :sh

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:54:44 AM UTC-5, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012, David Ohlemacher wrote:
>
>
>
> > I use :sh often.  Sometimes I forget that I did so thinking I am in a
>
> > regular shell.
>
> >
>
> > Is it possible to tweak the invoked shell?  I would like to change
>
> > 'something' as a visual indicator.  :sh does seem to create a new
>
> > shell, tcsh for me.
>
>
>
> For me, the following environment variables get set by vim (and are not
>
> normally present in my environment):
>
>
>
> MYVIMRC
>
> VIM
>
> VIMRUNTIME
>
>
>
> You should be able to make use of those in your tcshrc (or equivalent)
>
> to change your prompt (for example).
>

I think even setting a new one should work, using something like :let $MYNEWVAR='hello world!' I hadn't thought of the existing ones Vim creates, that should work too if you don't set them manually.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: