Friday, September 28, 2012

Syntax highlight wrong closing XML tag?

Hello all,

I was trying to extend xml.vim syntax file to match some of my needs.

One of my needs was to highlight tags that don't match its closing tag.
For example:

<foo> text <bar> text </foo> text </bar>

It should highlight the first <foo></bar> pair, since they don't match.

I could usually regexp \z\(\), \1 and \@! to check that and it works.
But for correct XML it also matches the start of the region, because it
does not validade both start and end at the same time, but separatelly.
I tryied using a complex regular expression for "syntax match" but it
got too slow.

Any tips on that?

Thank you.

--
Silas Silva

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: