Thursday, September 27, 2012

Re: E484 temporary file when using system() Win 7 64-bit

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM, David Fishburn <dfishburn.vim@gmail.com> wrote:
> New machine, I used to run this code all the time and have never had a problem with it.
>
> Would like a little back ground on how system() calls work.
>
> :ver
> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Sep 25 2012 13:13:52)
> MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
> Included patches: 1-672
>
> I am this call:
> let output = system('cscript.exe')
>
> That results in:
> E484: Can't open file C:\Users\i826639\AppData\Local\Temp\VIoDA9D.tmp

Though I cannot explain it, when I used an older .exe I had compiled
it worked fine.
So, I compiled up a new version on my old machine and on the machine
also compiled it.

Now all versions work. Not sure if there was a broken patch or not,
but it works now after a recompile.

Dave

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: