Thursday, September 27, 2012

Flattr for donations?

Hello,

May I suggest that it might be worth it to enable donations via Flattr?
Flattr is convenient, at least for the paying side, and the whole idea seems very good.
They say in the faq that for charity organizations, their fee is removed.
If they accept Vim as a charity entry (since donations go to ICCF), I would gladly support ICCF, express love for Vim and raise Flattr popularity a bit at the same time. And others might make it a habit too.

PayPal has a history of this behavior: http://i.imgur.com/1AaPw.png
Personally, I think I won't miss anything if I don't interact with PayPal in the rest of my life.
Moneybookers is a different story, of course, but it doesn't make donations any social with, you know, fancy buttons and numbers.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: