Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Re: Asterisks enclosing text disappear when cursor leaves the line

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:49:51 PM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
> I have been using pairs of asterisks enclosing text to indicate emphasis. I just noticed that when I move the cursor from the line in which asterisks are used in this way they disappear.
>
>
> Not a serious problem, but I don't recall this happening before---I may just not have noticed---and I would prefer that the asterisks display. 
>
>
> Why does it happen? Can i prevent it.
>

It's probably Vim's "conceal" feature. What is the syntax/filetype of the file you are editing? Conceal is based on syntax highlighting.

You can set the 'conceallevel' option appropriately to prevent the hiding, but syntaxes which use the conceal feature probably do so for a reason.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: