Tuesday, February 26, 2013

dbext and sqlplus without tnsnames

Hi,

This is actually a question about a vim plugin, but I guess this is
the best place to ask it. Please forgive me if I'm wrong.

I'm trying to setup a dbext environment on a Windows machine to
connect to a remote Oracle database.
However, I don't have write access to tnsnames.ora and cannot add the
proper entry for the database to which I need to connect.

I tried several different forms of profile setting, according to the
very examples in the help file, but whatever I did, when I tried to
execute somthing I saw that a cmd.exe was run with something like
this:

cmd.exe /c sqlplus -S "myUser/myPass@myServiceName"
@C:\Users\More\Path\dbext.sql > C:\You\Get\The\idea\sdkfg.tmp 2>&1

Those are not really my username, password, service name os
directories, but they show correctly.
There is no mention, however, to the host and port, even though I did
set them in my profile.

I suppose dbext tries to use the info from tnsnames, but it is not there...

What am I missing here?

(it is my first time trying dbext out! I usually connect to oracle
databases using SQLWorkbench/J with a JDBC connection string and no
tnsnames...)

Thank you!

Vitor

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: