Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Re: noscrollbind ignored (kind of)

Hi, Christian,

The diffoff command seems to solve the problem. As for reproducing the problem, I ran

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vim73\gvim.exe" -u NONE -N

Then I split the window vertically. In the left half I loaded any text file that was long enough to occupy several screens. On the right window, I loaded a 2nd text file whose contents were identical to the first one. I then issued:

:windo diffthis
:windo set nofenable

Then I issued:

:windo set nodiff foldcolumn=0 noscrollbind

When I pressed ctrl-F to page forward in any one window for 2-3 times, the other window followed. This is consistent with cursorbind, as suggested by Ben Fritz. So I think the problem is solved. Thanks.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: