Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Re: dbext and sqlplus without tnsnames

Hi David,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM, David Fishburn
<dfishburn.vim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Two suggestions:
>
> 1. :DBSetOption display_cmd_line=1
> 2. Try each profile setting.
> - Show us the profile string you used.
> - Show us the sqlplus cmd line generated.
> - Show us the error.

Thank you, that really helped me figure out what I was doing wrong!
(I won't paste the results here since what I was doing was really
stupid, as I suspected)

> From the dbext.txt I suspect the example that you want to use for your
> profile is:
> let g:dbext_default_profile_ORA_Extended =
> 'type=ORA:user=scott:passwd=tiger:srvname=(description=(address=(protocol=TCP)(host=localhost)(port=1521))(connect_data=(server=dedicated)(service_name=10gR2)))'

You're right, that is the one I needed. I had tested it before bu
thought it didn't work because I was sending my queries to sqlplus
without a semicolon at the end, so it would hang forever!

By the way, is there any way to do that automatically in dbext? I'm
really not used to doing it in the graphical DEs I use and it would be
nice to get the same behavior with dbext.

Thank you!

Vitor

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: