Thursday, February 28, 2013

Re: ctrlP to navigate arbitrary directory

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Kent wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I use FuzzyFinder for years. Recently I heard a lot about CtrlP. And gave
>> it a try. It does have some good features over FF. However one thing I
>> didn't figure out, with FF(File search), I can type "/etc" to navigate to
>> my root directory and do search, no matter which directory I am in.
>>
>> However for CtrlP, it seems that it searches only under current directory.
>> In doc I found I can type .. to go to parent dir. but it didn't work for me
>> somehow. 
>
> You type .., then hit enter.
>
>
>> How can I navigate to arbitrary directory with CtrlP?
>
> You can't navigate to an arbitrary directory once CtrlP is up, but you can
> invoke CtrlP on an arbitrary directory, e.g.:
>
> :CtrlP /home/bhaskell/git/project
>
> Also see:
>
> :help g:ctrlp_working_path_mode
>
> And:
>
> :help :CtrlPCurFile

Scratch that... The help tag has been removed in recent versions
(wtf?), though the command remains.

It's equivalent to CtrlP with the ctrlp_working_path_mode of 1.

> I've mapped the latter to ,n with:
>
> :nm <leader>n :CtrlPCurFile<CR>

--
Best,
Ben

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: