Thursday, February 28, 2013

Re: ctrlP to navigate arbitrary directory

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Kent wrote:

> Hello,
> I use FuzzyFinder for years. Recently I heard a lot about CtrlP. And
> gave it a try. It does have some good features over FF. However one
> thing I didn't figure out, with FF(File search), I can type "/etc" to
> navigate to my root directory and do search, no matter which directory
> I am in.
>
> However for CtrlP, it seems that it searches only under current
> directory. In doc I found I can type .. to go to parent dir. but it
> didn't work for me somehow. 

You type .., then hit enter.


> How can I navigate to arbitrary directory with CtrlP?

You can't navigate to an arbitrary directory once CtrlP is up, but you
can invoke CtrlP on an arbitrary directory, e.g.:

:CtrlP /home/bhaskell/git/project

Also see:

:help g:ctrlp_working_path_mode

And:

:help :CtrlPCurFile

I've mapped the latter to ,n with:

:nm <leader>n :CtrlPCurFile<CR>

--
Best,
Ben

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: