Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Search Patterns

Hello,

I'm currently trying to read a list of files from a make output and push them into ctags but I'm having trouble with the substitute. I've been using vim to try to get the pattern right but I cant seem to figure it out.

I'm currently at the point where my command looks like

make telosb verbose 2>&1 >/dev/null | grep 'preprocessing' | sed -e 's/preprocessing//' -e 's/ //' >>somefilenames2.txt

but the lines in somefilenames look all garbled

Heres a snippet

[01;31m [K [m [K/usr/lib/ncc/deputy_nodeputy.h
[01;31m [K [m [K/usr/lib/ncc/nesc_nx.h
[01;31m [K [m [K/home/john/local/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/tos.h
[01;31m [K [m [K/home/john/local/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/TinySchedulerC.nc
[01;31m [K [m [K/home/john/local/tinyos-2.x/tos/interfaces/Scheduler.nc

I tried using a pattern like :%s/^*\/// to replace it but that just said no pattern ^*\/ found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

-John

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: