Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Re: Always restore buffer list from .viminfo file

On 20/02/13 10:26, Arvid Warnecke wrote:
>Hello,
>
>is there any chance to recover all opened buffers in vim from the
>~/.viminfo file somehow?
>I understood that vim trashes the buffers list when vim is started with
>a specific file to edit. But as I use vim in mutt as my default editor
>as well, I always loose my buffers because mutt opens it like this:
>
>`vim /tmp/mutt-archbookPro-1000-895-3021467551525290154`
>
>So it does not help when I try to use only one vim instance running on
>my workstation to keep all buffers around.
>
>I read something about v:oldfiles, but I have no clue how this file
>might be of any help, because I just have a list of all old files in a
>new buffer. I am not able to restore the buffers from it.
>
>Best regards,
>Arvid
>

Maybe :mksession is the right answer for you...

:h mksession

see point #7.

Best regards.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: