Monday, February 25, 2013

Re: Always restore buffer list from .viminfo file

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 09:07:28AM -0800, Ben Fritz wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:26:17 AM UTC-6, Arvid Warnecke wrote:
> > is there any chance to recover all opened buffers in vim from the
> >
> > ~/.viminfo file somehow?
> >
> > I understood that vim trashes the buffers list when vim is started with
> > a specific file to edit. But as I use vim in mutt as my default editor
> > as well, I always loose my buffers because mutt opens it like this:
> >
> > `vim /tmp/mutt-archbookPro-1000-895-3021467551525290154`
> >
> > So it does not help when I try to use only one vim instance running on
> > my workstation to keep all buffers around.
> >
>
> I don't know anything about keeping the buffer list around like you
> want, but I do use the MRU plugin for a reasonably nice way to go back
> to the last few files I was editing.
>
> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=521

Thank you for pointing me to this plugin. It's an option, but not
exactly what I was hoping for.

Cheers,
Arvid

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]
---[ ThreePiO was right: Let the Wookiee win. ]---

No comments: