Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Re: Always restore buffer list from .viminfo file

Hello Adrian,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 08:21:23AM -0800, Adrian Luff wrote:
> I use the following lines in my .vimrc…
>
> > " Auto save/load session
> > function! CheckSessionFile()
> > if filereadable(expand("$HOME/.vim/session/default.vim"))
> > source $HOME/.vim/session/default.vim
> > endif
> > endfunction
> >
> >
> > if has('gui_running')
> > autocmd VimLeave * mksession! $HOME/.vim/session/default.vim
> > autocmd VimEnter * nested call CheckSessionFile()
> > autocmd * SessionLoadPost source $MYVIMRC
> > endif
>
> This automatically saves a session when GUI Vim leaves and loads the
> session file if it exists on start up.
>
Thank you. I think some function like that might be helpful.

> It may not work well for you since it sounds like you're always in
> terminal Vim but I thought I'd pass it along.
>
No, I don't believe in GUIs.

Cheers,
Arvid

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]
---[ ThreePiO was right: Let the Wookiee win. ]---

No comments: