Friday, January 30, 2015

Re: Any poets here?

Personally I think Vim is the antithesis of something poetic, because of the
vast difficulty in doing simple things :p.

The topics that are regular on this list, and elsewhere... it is like it is an
attempt at doing everything the difficult way ;-).

I would never write anything non-software or non-configuration file or
non-technical.

Because I would not want to be bugged by endless keypress-mistakes and the only
reason I use Vim really is because of its speed.

Sometimes hating the day I (or it) was born when I accidentily delete a piece
of text and I cannot revert the change for some reason. I had this keyboard or
computer where I was that didn't do CTRL-R.

Yes, only Vim can perform such a feat.

Press two wrong buttons and lose your entire file.

It is for the risky and daunting.

Or the not so easily amused :p.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I'll be using vim just for Linux/Unix
editing though.

Regards,

Xen.



On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, Eric Weir wrote:

> Wondering if there are any poets here who use vim in writing poetry, either
> in the messy creative phase or the later refining, polishing, and editing
> phase. If so, I'd be interested in knowing how you use vim, how you find vim
> helpful, and whether there are any plugins that you have found especially
> helpful.
>
> And if any non-poets here know of poets who use vim who are not here, I'd
> appreciate a reference.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Eric Weir
> Decatur, GA USA
> eeweir@bellsouth.net
>
> "Our world is a human world."
>
> - Hilary Putnam
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "vim_use" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: