Friday, January 30, 2015

Re: Any poets here?

* <kouzennoki@gmail.com> [2015-01-30 21:26]:
> Personally I think Vim is the antithesis of something poetic,
> because of the vast difficulty in doing simple things :p.
> The topics that are regular on this list, and elsewhere... it is
> like it is an attempt at doing everything the difficult way ;-).

i am sure you have many examples to show..
can you show, say, three examples?

> I would never write anything non-software
> or non-configuration file or non-technical.

so you basically dont know anything about Eric's proposed question?

> Because I would not want to be bugged by endless keypress-mistakes
> and the only reason I use Vim really is because of its speed.

you just contradicted yourself.

> Sometimes hating the day I (or it) was born when I
> accidentily delete a piece of text and I cannot
> revert the change for some reason.

"undo" is your friend.

> I had this keyboard or computer where
> I was that didn't do CTRL-R.

hardly a vim problem, but poor choice of keyboard.

> Yes, only Vim can perform such a feat.
> Press two wrong buttons and lose your entire file.
> It is for the risky and daunting.

let me repeat: "undo" is your friend.
it is even persistent between sessions.
how many more editors do you know which
can do that? please name at least one.

> Anyway, good luck with your search.
> I'll be using vim just for
> Linux/Unix editing though.

Vim exists for many more systems - and for
whatever kind of text you want to write.

alas, you completely failed to give any
evidence to your statements. and no
info at all about the question itself. :-/

Sven

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: