Thursday, January 29, 2015

Re: Double quotes throws off SQL syntax colouring

I think the double quotes may be a red herring, as the issue is really the backslash. I've just tried with single quotes and a backslash is treated as escaping a closing quote, despite it not being an escape character in SQL (I'll admit I'm only familiar with Oracle though so perhaps '\' has some special significance in other SQL dialects.)

I can't say I've hit this issue before, but if you wanted to replace backslashes with forward slashes and you used

replace(somecolumn, '\', '/')

that would mess up syntax highlighting as the first quoted string would be treated as ending at the third quote.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: