Thursday, January 22, 2015

Re: Problem with AutoAlign

On 2015-01-22, Charles Campbell wrote:
> Cesar Romani wrote:
> > I'm using vim 7.4.589 on Windows 7.
> >
> > I'm editing an html file and type '()' (without quotes)
> > then go back one place and try to type 'a=' (without quotes), then I get
> > immediately after the closing parenthesis!
> > I have to go back one place to continue to type after '='
> >
> > I discovered that the cause of it is the imap:
> > ino <silent> = =<c-r>=AutoAlign(1)<cr>
> >
> > on AutoAlign.vim (v15a)
> >
> > If I do 'iunmap =' I don't get this problem.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance,
> >
> Hello!
>
> Using C, the cursor is left after the = sign. The
> ftplugin/html/AutoAlign.vim doesn't have any maps to handle '=', so I
> don't see why it'd be involved. Did you modify the distributed
> ftplugin/html/AutoAlign.vim file?
>
> Ex. using C
> a=1234;
> (); (then perform <esc>0ib=<esc>)
>
> this yields
> a = 1234;
> b = ();
>
> with the cursor immediately following the "b =".
>
> Using "iunmap =" prevents the problem essentially by de-activating
> AutoAlign, so its not particularly surprising that you are no longer
> experiencing your issue.

I've been having similar problems when editing C and appending = to
a line: the cursor suddenly jumps to the left of the =.

I've wanted to report the problem, but I can't always reproduce it
and it invariably happens while I'm in rush to get some code working
and I don't have time to develop a reproducible test case.

I'll try to remember to set a bookmark next time and come back to it
while something's compiling.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: