Friday, January 30, 2015

Re: Any poets here?

On 2015-01-30 14:57, Eric Weir wrote:
> Wondering if there are any poets here who use vim in writing
> poetry, either in the messy creative phase or the later refining,
> polishing, and editing phase. If so, I'd be interested in knowing
> how you use vim, how you find vim helpful, and whether there are
> any plugins that you have found especially helpful.
>
> And if any non-poets here know of poets who use vim who are not
> here, I'd appreciate a reference.

While I mostly code using vim (which is slick),
I find that for prose it can do the trick.
And poems that rhyme?
You'll find that this time,
I used it to author a limerick.

As for plugins, I have to disclose,
I don't use them for poems or prose.
But for my writing projects
Parens and text-objects
Are the first things to learn, I propose.

:-)

-tim




--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: