Saturday, January 31, 2015

Re: Any poets here?

I guess that could be.

Vim as a package was installable though on Debian and Kubuntu, about 25
meg. I believe on one of the systems I had tried the "arrow keys in insert
mode" and it would paste the ANSI characters/commands (A, B, C, D) in the
text itself, instead of doing cursor movement. So there you have it. After
vim installation, that behaviour was gone. (for the "vi" command, I never
use "vim").

Regards,

Xen.


On Sat, 31 Jan 2015, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> What is found on some distros is that there is no "vim" in the command
> path, but whenever I've encountered that, it is simply because vim has
> supplanted obsolete vi:
>
> $ file /etc/alternatives/vi
> /etc/alternatives/vi: symbolic link to `/usr/bin/vim.basic'
>
> Has that led to some initial confusion? (Or is it called kvim there?)
>
> Erik
> (Who kan't kwite kome to kterms with kommand knames in kkubuntu.)

No comments: