Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Re: Vim statusline -- show line count in visual mode

Hi Joyce!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: Joyce Tipping <joyce@spencertipping.com>
> An: vim@vim.org
> Betreff: Vim statusline -- show line count in visual mode

>
> Is there a way to display a line count in visual mode? I've been fiddling
> with the statusline, but after a cursory look at the options, nothing
> looks
> promising.
>
> I'm asking this with high hopes because I actually had such a
> configuration
> at one point. :) Well, sort of. It was at my former job where I worked
> last
> year. I had a gvim with a beautiful statusline that I, alas, completely
> took
> for granted. I've missed it ever since, and in particular the part where
> it
> would show me how many lines I had highlighted. I'm hoping that someone
> will
> know how to recover it.
> [...]

The line count is not shown in the statusline but in the command line.
That's why you didn't find a suitable option. Read :help 'showcmd'


HTH,
Dennis Benzinger

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: