Friday, November 19, 2010

Changing color on the statusline (non-gui)

Summary: In non-gui vim, how can I have statuslines for not-current
windows show "====" without reverse video, but in color?

=== Long form

I'm having trouble figuring out how to setup the statusline to my
liking between :highlight, 'highlight', and 'statusline'.

By default, vim (non-gui version) shows the statusline for split
windows in reverse video without color.

I can get rid of the reverse video in not-current windows by saying:

:highlight StatusLineNC cterm=none

Now they get a statusline of "=====".

If I want these markings in color, I try:

:highlight StatusLineNC cterm=none ctermfg=blue

But now the "=====" vanishes from the status line. How can I get it
back but in blue?

Is there a way to configure the "=====" to be say "----" or "_____"?

Thanks,
Kartik

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: