Wednesday, August 22, 2012

how to get notified when file is changed by another application?

Before I heard about vim, I used to use gedit. I still try to make vim
behave as same as gedit, this is because I have asked many questions
related to vim on StackOverflow.

One feature I am missing is when any file was modified while I was
working on any file on gedit by another application, a popup use to
come which says "The file <file_location> changed on disk. Do you want
to reload the file?" And there were two buttons named "Reload" and
"Cancel" respectively.

What I want:
(Please note that I am using vim, not gvim) I want similar feature in
vim. I want if any file get changed on disk, a warning message come at
status bar "File changed, press <F9> to reload".

I will map my <F9> to do :e.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: