Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oracle 11g SQL + PL/SQL + SQL*Plus + RDBMS syntax support

Hi,

In the current vim releases the Oracle RDBMS SQL syntax support is from 2005 and PLS/SQL support is from 2002; kind of outdated.
I have developed a syntax highlight file that supports the most recent Oracle RDBMS version, 11g R2. This includes SQL, PL/SQL (including Oracle supplied packages), SQL*Plus and RDBMS (init parameters, dynamic performance views, etc.).
I used this syntax highlight support for 4+ years, and it seems to me OK by now. It might not be perfect, but I hope that other people who use vim for Oracle script/file editing can help me improve it.
I would like to submit it to vim hoping that it will be included in the next releases. I would like to find out what to do now; how to submit it to the code base, etc.
I plan to cover the next Oracle release, 12c as soon as it is out (towards the end of the year).

Thanks and regards,

Szilard

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: