Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Re: syntax highlighting question

On 01/08/12 08:08, Peter Miller wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i gather from the lack of response that my previous question has no
> feasible answer. anyway, i have updated the question a bit to give some
> other possible ways of solving the problem. any pointers in the right
> direction would be much appreciated. i am pretty competent with vim but
> i have little to no vim scripting. then again i am a quick learner and
> very eager haha...

I don't see your previous question anywhere in this "vim_use" list
(maybe I didn't scroll far enough up) but no answer to a question sent
to this list usually just means that no one knowing the answer saw your
question. If someone sees your question and knows that there is no
feasible answer (s)he will tell you so.

>
> here is the updated question:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11661614/vim-php-javascriptinstrings-option
>
>
> I noticed that the syntax/php.vim file on my ubuntu machine has a
> |php_htmlInStrings| option. I can turn this option on to display HTML
> syntax highlighting within strings in my php files, which is great. I
> would also like to do javascript syntax highlighting within strings in a
> php file. Does anybody know if this can be done and if so how can I do it?
>
> *edited - added extra possibilities*
>
> I should also mention that I would be happy with a solution where i have
> to parse all my javascript strings though a php function before
> outputting the result. This might get around the problem suggested by
> connor below where vim has trouble deciding if the string contains
> javascript. for example:
>
> |$js= "some regular text which is not javascript##now vim has
> detected that this part is javscript##back to regular text";
>
> parse($js);
> function parse($str)
>
> {
> return str_replace('##', '', $str);
>
> }
> |
>
> The reason I would be happy to do this is because I will probably be
> incorporating a html/css/js variable minifier into my project which will
> be doing substitutions on strings anyway.
>
> Of course if there is a vim-specific equivalent character for |##| which
> will not show up in the source code and would not need to be filtered
> out then this would be preferable...



I don't know… but maybe someone else will…


Best regards,
Tony.
--
There is no substitute for good manners, except, perhaps, fast
reflexes.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: