Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Re: syntax highlighting question

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:08:35 AM UTC-5, mulllhausen wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i gather from the lack of response that my previous question has no feasible answer. anyway, i have updated the question a bit to give some other possible ways of solving the problem. any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. i am pretty competent with vim but i have little to no vim scripting. then again i am a quick learner and very eager haha...
>
>
> here is the updated question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11661614/vim-php-javascriptinstrings-option
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I noticed that the syntax/php.vim file on my ubuntu machine has a php_htmlInStrings
> option. I can turn this option on to display HTML syntax highlighting
> within strings in my php files, which is great. I would also like to do
> javascript syntax highlighting within strings in a php file. Does
> anybody know if this can be done and if so how can I do it?
>
>
> edited - added extra possibilities
>
>
> I should also mention that I would be happy with a solution where i
> have to parse all my javascript strings though a php function before
> outputting the result. This might get around the problem suggested by
> connor below where vim has trouble deciding if the string contains
> javascript. for example:
>
> $js = "some regular text which is not javascript##now vim has
> detected that this part is javscript##back to regular text";
>
> parse($js);
> function parse($str)
>
> {
>     return str_replace('##', '', $str);
>
> }
>
>
>
> The reason I would be happy to do this is because I will probably be
> incorporating a html/css/js variable minifier into my project which will
> be doing substitutions on strings anyway.
>
>
> Of course if there is a vim-specific equivalent character for ## which will not show up in the source code and would not need to be filtered out then this would be preferable...

I personally passed up the question because I don't know of a way that is already built into the php syntax script but maybe one exists.

It's possible to do, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file and the help links it gives but it will require a lot of work on your part to do it yourself.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: