Saturday, August 25, 2012

Re: Typing "â" problem

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 08:33:16PM EDT, Fernando Basso wrote:
> On Saturday, August 25, 2012 5:45:49 PM UTC-3, Chris Jones wrote:

>
> > Because that's what I get here in mutt: 'parâmetro' in his initial post
> >
> > becomes 'parāmetro' in your reply, in the quoted text.
> >
>
> >
> > When did this start happening..? what encoding are you using in Vim..?
> >
>

> I use utf-8 for everything, encoding, fileencoding, and my locale has
> all variables set to utf-8.

Then this would confirm that you are using a web browser to post..?

In this event, you probably have a default setting in your browser
(under preferences) that specifies ISO8859-1 instead of UTF-8.

I noticed that even nowadays this is usually the 'factory setting' in
web browsers.

> The strange thing is that I can indeed type things like ê, ô or û.

Not sure it matters, but how do you enter them..? Dead keys..? AltGr..?
Compose key..? etc..?

The only time I experienced weird behavior like you describe was after
I added a comment to a mapping in my .vimrc:

| :map xx :echo 'don't do that'<CR> " comment: this causes problems

It's probably irrelevant to your issue, though..

CJ

--
WE GET SIGNAL

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: