Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Re: Vim on Vista: right-click 'Edit with Vim' problem

On 2012-08-01, David Fishburn wrote:
> On Aug 1, 2012, at 8:52 AM, Steve Hall wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Leszek Swirski wrote:
> >>> Which installer did you run to install Vim 7.3?
> >>
> >> Cream without Vim, although I can't recall if I was upgrading from 7.2 or not.
> >
> > The Cream installer writes the new install path to that registry
> > location, not sure how the old one could have not been revised unless
> > the Nullsoft WriteRegStr instruction doesn't do this?
> >
> > --
> > Steve Hall [ digitect dancingpaper com ]
> > :: Cream for Vim (http://cream.sourceforge.net)
> >
>
> Steve, sorry for not posting this earlier.
>
> When I setup my new Windows 7 64bit I used the Cream installer for
> basic Vim.
>
> I did a pile of searching trying to determine why since the
> registry looked correct.
>
> Anyway, as a different test I ran the Vim installer and everything
> worked correctly. Then I re-ran the Cream installer to get an
> updated version and everything has worked fine since.

I use the Cream without Cream version of Vim on my Windows XP
machine at work and usually keep it updated to the latest release on
the Cream site. I haven't kept careful track, but it seems that
after every maybe third installation, the Vim commands disappear
from the Windows Explorer context menu. Running the installer again
has always fixed the problem.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: