Monday, September 3, 2012

Re: set comments for C-style comment

On Sun, Sep 02, 2012 at 04:49:00PM -0700, Monnand wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using a language whose comment is same as C's. So I copied
> some lines from c.vim so that my vim could automatically insert
> a comment after a newline in the middle of the comment.
>
> More precisely, I added the two following lines:
>
> setlocal fo-=t fo+=cronql
> setlocal comments=sO:*\ -,mO:*\ \ ,exO:*/,s1:/*,mb:*,ex:*/,://
>
> It works but with some flaws:
>
> When I type /* <CR>, I got this:
> /*
> *
> [snip]

Hello,

I just tested it locally by putting the commands in a file and
running Vim with:

vim -u NONE -U NONE

:source path/to/file

And it works fine for me. Some other settings must interfere with
your setup.

Are you sure the settings are executed? Try

:verbose set fo? comments?

If not, something must overwrite them. :verbose lists the last
place the option was set.

Regards,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary
+ using gnupg http://gnupg.org
+ public key id: 0x92FEFDB7E44C32F9

No comments: