Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Re: wide letter spacing when using gvim (GUI mode)

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:21:54 AM UTC+13, alexdongli wrote:
> I wishes I had the root access to our company linux servers so that I could >compile vim with multi-byte disabled. Too many libraries/headers are missing >for me to compile gvim myself.

You don't need root access to install a font for your own use.
- Download a .ttf or .otf to wherever.
- With KDE, open it with kfontviewer, click install, click personal.
- With Gnome3, I think nautilus has support. Gnome 2 had gnome-font-viewer.

This just copies the font file to .fonts in your home directory, in a directory whose name is the first letter of the font file name. I just downloaded monofur.ttf, and copied it to ~/.fonts/m, and gvim found it without further ado. (Unpleasant font, IMO).

Regards, John Little

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: