Friday, November 4, 2016

Re: after vim 8 installation, yanking (yy) doesn't work in global command and macros

This is a bug in my opinion. Maybe not a bug on accident but bad design. The whole point of Vim is less key strokes. This means, I'm going to have to get use to the idea of typing yy"0p or something equivalent everytime I use the global. The "yy" and "p" go together like peanut butter and jelly. It just doesn't make sense to disconnect these in a global command. What if I forget and I go on manipulating my file and don't see that I mistakenly typed (but ideally should be) yyp. Others will likely run into this error as well.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: