Friday, November 18, 2016

Re: How to load updated syntax files using native packages?

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 10:54:22 PM UTC-6, Dugan Chen wrote:
>
> If I clone it as ~/.vim/pack/me/start/python-syntax and then start vim without a .vimrc, then I get this as the output for "set rtp":
>
> runtimepath=~/.vim,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/vim80,/usr/share/vim/vim80/pack/dist/opt/matchit,/usr/share/vim/vim
> files/after,~/.vim/after,~/Documents/dotfiles/.vim/pack/dugan/start/python-syntax
>
> It's definitely being appended, not inserted. And needless to say, it doesn't get seen.

That's weird. I would have expected it to get inserted right after ~/.vim. Where did the "~/Documents/dotfiles" come from? Is that related to your symbolic link you mentioned? I wonder if it actually does cause an impact.

When I download the python-syntax plugin you linked to, :scriptnames shows it being sourced before the built-in syntax files for python buffers:

88: ~/vimfiles/ftplugin/python.vim
89: C:/Program Files/vim/vim74/ftplugin/python.vim
90: C:/Program Files/vim/vim74/indent/python.vim
91: ~/vimfiles/pack/test/start/python-syntax-master/syntax/python.vim
92: C:/Program Files/vim/vim74/syntax/python.vim
93: ~/vimfiles/pack/thirdparty/start/tagbar/autoload/tagbar.vim

And my 'runtimepath' option places the package files prior to the distributed files as well, just after my ~/vimfiles directory (I'm on Windows).

This reminds me, I should really pull and rebuild, apparently it's been a while.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: