Friday, November 4, 2016

Re: after vim 8 installation, yanking (yy) doesn't work in global command and macros

I found the issue is present on both my work computer (Windows 7) and home computer (Windows 10) for version 8.0. I don't see the issue on my Android phone (also version 8.0) but this runs in a unix emulator called Termux. So I think the issue may only reside on the windows side. I do find in windows that it affects both the GVIM and VIM applications.

I did do some more investigating and when I run with no plugins, the issue is gone, so the yanking in the global command works. I narrowed down the issue to the clipboard setting (set clipboard). By default, this is blank but in my vimrc file, I set it to "unnamed". I need this setting because it allows me to copy something in VIM and it will be available in apps external to VIM (placed on windows clipboard). So when I run VIM without plugins, the yanking works, but right when I set that clipboard setting to unnamed, the yanking doesn't work anymore.

This was working on previous versions like 7.4, 7.3, 7.2. So I'm not sure why it would stop working now.

Bryce

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: