Friday, November 4, 2016

Re: after vim 8 installation, yanking (yy) doesn't work in global command and macros

Hi Bryce!

On Fr, 04 Nov 2016, Bryce Orgill wrote:

> I found the issue is present on both my work computer (Windows 7) and home computer (Windows 10) for version 8.0. I don't see the issue on my Android phone (also version 8.0) but this runs in a unix emulator called Termux. So I think the issue may only reside on the windows side. I do find in windows that it affects both the GVIM and VIM applications.
>
> I did do some more investigating and when I run with no plugins, the issue is gone, so the yanking in the global command works. I narrowed down the issue to the clipboard setting (set clipboard). By default, this is blank but in my vimrc file, I set it to "unnamed". I need this setting because it allows me to copy something in VIM and it will be available in apps external to VIM (placed on windows clipboard). So when I run VIM without plugins, the yanking works, but right when I set that clipboard setting to unnamed, the yanking doesn't work anymore.
>
> This was working on previous versions like 7.4, 7.3, 7.2. So I'm not sure why it would stop working now.

The clipboard setting is explicitly disabled for :g commands.


Best,
Christian
--
Wer die Zukunft als Gegenwind empfindet, geht in die falsche Richtung.
-- Martin Held

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: