Friday, November 4, 2016

Re: after vim 8 installation, yanking (yy) doesn't work in global command and macros

Was that a change that was put in version 8? In my opinion that is a big change. It now means I can't yank in the global command or in macros. I have macros and scripts that use this. It means it won't work there. I have to also use the 'set clipboard=unnamed' command to be able to copy/paste from/to vim to/from other apps. I'm not sure why this change was taken out of version 7.4. It was working fine there and in previous versions. Why does this work in Unix but not Windows?

In my opinion this needs to be fixed. I don't see a work around in my current status, which means I'd have to revert back to 7.4 to keep my scripts working.

Bryce

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: