Thursday, February 21, 2013

Re: Always restore buffer list from .viminfo file

Hello again,

seems there is no obvious solution for my problem.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:26:17AM +0100, Arvid Warnecke wrote:
> is there any chance to recover all opened buffers in vim from the
> ~/.viminfo file somehow?
> I understood that vim trashes the buffers list when vim is started with
> a specific file to edit. But as I use vim in mutt as my default editor
> as well, I always loose my buffers because mutt opens it like this:
>
> `vim /tmp/mutt-archbookPro-1000-895-3021467551525290154`
>
> So it does not help when I try to use only one vim instance running on
> my workstation to keep all buffers around.
>
I just noticed that I also loose my buffers list after merging with
vimdiff, too. :(

Cheers,
Arvid

--
[ Arvid Warnecke ][ arvid (at) nostalgix (dot) org ]
[ IRC/OPN: "madhatter" ][ http://www.nostalgix.org ]
---[ ThreePiO was right: Let the Wookiee win. ]---

No comments: