Sunday, July 31, 2011

Re: histwin warning: "DM is already defined"

Hi Paul!

On So, 31 Jul 2011, Paul wrote:

> I just installed histwin for the first time to try it out. When I
> start vim, it immediately gives a warning: "histwin: DM is already
> defined. May be by another Plugin?". It doesn't seem to affect
> anything that histwin does, although I've not gone through and tried
> every other function of every other plugin I have, so I don't know if
> anything else is affected. How can I debug or resolve this?

That error message is confusing. It should mean :ID is already defined.
This means, that apparently some other plugin defined the :ID command
and so the histwin command does not define it. You can check with
:verb com ID

That should give you an idea, what interferes with the plugin.

regards,
Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: