Thursday, July 28, 2011

Re: A modern look for gvim (win32)

>> If Vim adds GUI split windows, etc. I fully expect them to act
>> differently than in other applications.

To answer to Ben Fritz, I think just working on the toolbar could be
sufficient to be different to other applications.

I explain my aim.
What I really like with this toolbar is that it can be extendable
cause there is a static icon's part and a dynamic icon's part

In the screenshot I have upload, the static part are icon's that go to
help icon.
The others are added by amenu features in my _vimrc.
But the dynamic part of this toolbar has a static width (Screen width
minus static part width) => no more than 4 or 5 icons can be added.

So, what I have never seen on others applications is a part of a
toolbar that is sliding.

I think it would be useful and Innovative because sliding this
toolbar's part will permit us to
add infinite number of icon (under each icon I launch a vimscript
func)

Think about it (idea launch last year!)

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: