Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Re: Better vertical align in code

On Jan 30, 6:07 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@spocom.com> wrote:
> On 2012-01-30, AK wrote:
> > I'm using indent/python.vim and this behaviour is in GetPythonIndent().
> > I'll just have to hack it.. If I set cindent or cinoptions, is there
> > a way to set it up to override indentexpr and work as I described?
>
> No, unless you let 'cindent' handle all your indenting, and while I
> haven't tried using a C indenting algorithm on Python code, I doubt
> that it would go well.
>

I think it's funny that I read AK's "when editing code" as "when
editing C code", and you seem to have done the same, but apparently
"editing code" was so self-evidently python for AK that it wasn't even
mentioned in the post.

Proof that everyone sees according to their own experiences, I guess.

>
> > >By the way, () are parentheses, not braces.  Braces are {} and
> > >brackets are [].
>
> > {} and [] () are also called curly, square, and round brackets, so I
> > thought brackets and braces are interchangeable.. guess not!
>
> I've seen other names for {} and [], but I don't think I've ever
> seen () referred to as round brackets or round braces, only
> parentheses.  Could be a U.S. thing.
>

I've seen "round brackets" a few times, very rarely. Never "round
braces". I've also seen '<' and '>' called "angle brackets". I have no
idea what the region might be.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: